cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges arise during saving any updates made in Process Studio

amruta.v.kadam
Level 3

Hi Team,

I'm using Blue Prism for Learning Edition purpose. 

However, I'm unable to save any modifications made in Process Studio & getting below error (highlighted in Bold).

I did follow all the steps mentioned Eric therein to make necessary changes in "System --> Security --> Credential --> "Access Rights" tab --> Marked "All" in "Security Roles, Process (legacy) & Resources (legacy).
Unfortunately, still I'm not able to save any of the changes made in Process Studio & throwing me below error while saving it - 

"This process cannot be saved because you do not have permission to execute all linked processes or business objects. Please either remove the affected links or contact your administrator to obtain permission."

Could you please assist me further with it?

Thanks & Regards, 
Amruta

2 REPLIES 2

This issue could be due to someone unlocking your process while unlocking their own. Unlocking occurs when the Blue Prism application is force-closed, or if someone worked on a process but didn’t close it properly. To reopen the process, the person must use the unlock feature, which offers two options: unlock the specific process or unlock all processes.

To resolve the problem you're encountering, you can use the "Save As" feature to save the process under a different name. Then, export the process separately and reimport it.

Note: You can edit the exported xml file and rename the file name as per your existing file and then save to reimport the process

Parthiban A

amruta.v.kadam
Level 3

Hi Parthiban, 

Apologies for late revert!

I never had issue of locking/ unlocking Blue Prism nor it was ever closed forcefully. Additionally, I never got such instance of, 'Two options: unlock the specific process or unlock all processes" too. May be because I've installed "Learning edition". 

However, I tried executing your advised of "saving as" with different name & exporting data etc. But it didn;t work.

Hence I myself only replicated Process by creating it from "New" & then it works all fine there, all changes/updates that I do are getting saved there. So issue got fix. 

Though, thanks a lot for your time & advice.