cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Window Active in Wait Stage

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created an object specifically for Microsoft Windows calculator in Windows 10. Blue Prism successfully activates the Calculator, however right after the activate calculator stage, I have added a wait stage with condition 'Check Window Activate' (Equal to True). The element I have passed to this wait stage is the Calculator Window, the same element which I have used to activate the application. Unfortunately the wait stage does not detect Calculator as 'activated' in the wait stage resulting in wait timeout even though Blue Prism successfully activated the calculator application. This issue is specific to Windows 10 only - Has any of you come across this sort of problem?
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The best practice trained in the Surface Automation training and in the new Global Send Keys guide is to have a tiny arbitrary wait after performing any focus event (such as activate window or global clicking in an edit box before sending keystrokes).  The arbitrary gives a tiny amount of time for the application to react to the focus event and is usually something between 0.25 and 1 second (depending on the responsiveness of the application - local app 0.25 usually works, Citrix 1 second might be safer!).  Use a global timeout dataitem for the tiny wait so that it can be easily increased if your testing finds it is not long enough.   Den