cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing what attributes to match by default in the Application Modeller

FredrikAdland
Level 4
When spying an element in HTML the following attribute-checkboxes are selected by default: Title, Tag Name, Path, Parent URL, Link, Input Type, Input Identifier, ID, Enabled, Class Name And the following checkboxes are selected by default in Active Accesibility: Windows Text, Visible, Value, Screen Visible, Role, Parent Value, Parent Role, Parent Name, Parent Keyboard Shortcut, Parent ID, Parent Description, Parent Default Action, Name, Keyboard Shourtcut, ID, Enabled, Element Count, Description, Default Action, Class Name And in Windows-mode: Window Text, Visible, Screen Visible, Enabled, Class Name It's seems very unecessary to have so many checkboxes in HTML and AA selected by default and it wastes a lot of time unchecking most of them. For example, matching on Path and Parent URL in HTML-mode is usually unecessary 90% of the time. I usually also remove all attribute-checkboxes that have no value to improve structure, and this takes some time when spying hundreds of elements. Ideas how to solve this: - Add an option to 'Clear' all checkboxes. - Add an 'Application modeller'-option in 'Settings' under 'Objects' where you can choose what attributes to match by default on each mode. The latter would be the optimal solution in my opinion. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Copy/Paste Element Mask can help, but yes, these are good ideas.

Pradeep_kumarPa
Level 2
Hi The point which you mentioned is absolutely correct. I would like to add something on clearing the attribute. Instead if on clear button cleaning/removing all checks make something which clears only ""EMPTY Value Attributes "" and all environment details like URL/Path. In AA mode we feel most of unnecessary attributes marked default, its pain point to find more reliable attribute. It is not to possible without trail and error Thanks Pradeep padashetty