cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome AA no longer working

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
Hi guys,

Before Chrome support was added to BP, I developed an object that interacts with AA elements in Chrome by using the --force-renderer-accessibility setting in launch options for Chrome. It has been running fine ever since up until two weeks ago. Now, none of the AA elements can be identified.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I have tried downgrading Chrome to the April version, but that didn't work.

We are running Blue Prism 6.4.

I havn't developed anything in Chrome since support was added to BP, but it seems that the Browser mode in Chrome doesn't really work? Just tried identifying elements on random sites, but BP is not able to highlight any of them:

Error - Highlighting results - No matching Web elements found

Maybe I'm not doing it right?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Christian Juhl
Business Controller
Danske Commodities
Europe/Copenhagen
1 REPLY 1

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Hi Christian,

when you try and spy Chrome browser sessions with Blue Prism it is important to align the different components involved such as BP version, BP extension & Chrome version. The following page can help you check these for your environment. Try setting up an environment with matching components and see if you get better results.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-7/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox-uia.htm?tocpath=Guides%7CNative%20Chrome%20and%20Firefox%20integration%7C_____3

When trying with UIA or AA mode try attaching to a running instance of Chrome and use the Window Title (e.g. "BBC*") and process name (i.e. "chrome") for the inputs for an Attach action. Then go back to modeller and spy the elements.

Regards,
John

John Cowell
Senior Software Support Analyst
Blue Prism
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism