cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility for command prompt

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Hi, kindly suggest if there is a VBO available for command prompt actions in BP - 

1) I want to run a command on command prompt and capture the output of it with BP
2) I want to invoke a BAT file from BP and wait for its execution to finish before moving to next step with blue prism (if I have to run a java class or a python script file as a step in end to end process and wait for its execution to finish)

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal
4 REPLIES 4

GopalBhaire
Level 10
You can use Utility - Environment -> Start Process Read Stderr and Stdout.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

@GopalBhaire ​- Thanks a lot for your response. Is there any documentation available on how to use it as I have never used these actions before. Are these actions capable of both - passing command directly to command prompt without bat file and with bat file and will it wait for program execution to complete once we start it from cmd.

Mayank Goyal

Hi Gopal, Just to add I was tried below to run a command on CMD and capture output but this doesn't work and my process stops responding. Eventually my aim is once this works, i want to invoke a java class with cmd and wait for its execution to finish and capture the output from cmd.

12210.png

Mayank Goyal

Hi Gopal, I was able to fix the BAT file execution by passing path of .bat file in process name and putting my java command to execute in .bat file. It is also waiting for java program to complete and captured output from CMD screen.

However, I am still not able to figure out if I have to pass command directly on CMD without using .bat file, how will I use this action in that case?

Mayank Goyal