cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Issue

ShikhaRahangda1
Level 3
Hello All,

we are using 6.4.3 version of blue prism for automation. Recently we got the issue send keys is not working for chrome version (86.0).

------------------------------
Shikha Rahangdale
Systems Engineer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata
8 REPLIES 8

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Shikha.

Did you confirm that 6.4.3 supports Chrome 86? I think the supported version of Chrome for 6.4 is 75.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hello Jack,

I am not sure about chrome 86.0 but 84.0 supported by the 6.4 Version.86.0

Shikha Rahangdale
Systems Engineer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hello Jack,

I am not sure about chrome 86.0 but 84.0 supported by the 6.4 Version.

Shikha Rahangdale
Systems Engineer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Shikha.

I took a look at the release notes for BP 6.4.3 and the supported Chrome version is 75. Also note the Chrome browser version as well in the snap shot below:

23548.png

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

@Jack Look Is it possible to install an old version of Chrome? I would imagine if someone's Chrome browser has updated itself to 84 or 86, there's no way to go back to 75 unless their IT department (1) maintains installer files for old versions of the browser and (2) the org's policies allow installations of old browsers. Just bringing this up because I think it's an unsolved issue for many of us. For example, if someone wanted to upgrade Blue Prism, but they don't want to go to the latest version (or even if they do want to go to the latest version), from what I've seen Blue Prism is often checked against versions of browsers that aren't the latest so it's not even possible for people to install the exact version indicated in the compatibility table.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi @Dave Morris​, yes you can install an older version of Chrome. I cannot speak to IT department policies/abilities but I ran into this very issue in a recent project where Chrome was updated which then caused the automation to fail.

The IT department for the client was able to get the appropriate MSI for the older version of Chrome and re-install it which then resolved our issue.

I understand this can be an issue but I'm simply stating that BP 6.4 is only certified to support Chrome 75. It MAY work on newer versions but I'm not part of the BP product team so I cannot speak to BP/browser compatibility.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hello Jack,

Thankyou for your reply.

Our solution  was  working  for chrome 84 version with the same extension in blue prism 6.4.3  as you mentioned in screenshot.

Please let me know if any solution is  for this we can't degrade the chrome version  every time.

Please let me know which version of blue prism is fully compatible with   chrome

Regards,
shikha rahangdale

Shikha Rahangdale
Systems Engineer
Infosys Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Shikha.

I'm not a systems admin but I believe there is a way to prevent Chrome from automatically upgrading. This should be implemented because Chrome updates a lot and you'll want to keep your automation functioning while you can test any Chrome updates in a controlled environment.

Regardless, all Blue Prism releases since at least 6.4 are Chrome compatible. As I'm sure you can understand, they are compatible up to the current version that was tested before release.

Take a look at this matrix to help determine which version of BluePrism suits your needs:

Chrome, Edge, and Firefox integration (blueprism.com)

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism