cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome - Operation timed out when trying "Get Table Items"

Sven_StienWullu
Level 4
​I'm having issues with BP throwing an exception when I'm trying "Get Table Items" - Operation timed out.
Highlighting works and "Get Text" works too.

The table isn't that large either, it consists of two rows and seven columns.

Any advice?

------------------------------
Sven Stien Wullum
RPA-developer
Fremtind
Europe/Oslo
10 REPLIES 10

TomMaloney1
Level 3
How is the tabled spied in App Modeler?

Tom Maloney
Architect
nBotix, Inc.
America/Chicago

​It's spied with Browser mode as Element Type: Table (web)
The Web Text contains the whole of the table, I've set a wild card at the end of the header of the columns.
Like so:
Case Number        Event          Date*

29363.png

Sven Stien Wullum
RPA-developer
Fremtind
Europe/Oslo

Hi Sven,

I have the same issue in Chrome running BP 6.6. A temporary workaround I've used is to get the table as a string, and then use regex to sort it into a collection.

PS: I'm in the same building as you, let me know if I can help!

Sebastian Sletten Eide
Consultant
AVO Consulting
Europe/Oslo

Hans_ChristianT
Level 2
Got the same issue here in SpareBank1 SMN - get timeout just after couple of seconds when trying to fetch the table. Have tried several spy-options with no luck.
Can only do what Sebastian Sletten is mentioning, but that is not at sustainable solutions, as application change over time, and we need to use this functionality in within several applications that we are moving from IE-based to Chrome-based.

Please let me know If you have found a solution to this problem.

Cheers,
Hans Christian Toftesund, Webstep

Hans Christian Toftesund

HI Hans,

I would recommend to traverse  through table so that you can move row wis and out it in collection. I am doing on the same way.

If your path is very inconsistent start using Real X path which is very helpful. Let me know if you have ay doubt.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Thanks for your answer Amlan!

I found out that the problem with the "timeout" is related to "empty/blank" rows in the table the application is sending out.
--> By using the UI-spy mode in Chrome browser mode it is possible to read enitre rows and put them in a collection - though it only works with rows that are not "blank".
I does not fix the original problem as I need to specify for each table type which row to store in the collection - but far much better than reading the entire text.

If anyone got a better way to solve this, please shout out! 🙂

29365.png

Hans Christian Toftesund

ChristianJuhl
Level 4
Had the same issue in BP 6.10. Weird since it works in debug mode when stepping over/running in close to full speed.

Fix:

Catch the error in a recovery stage, resume and and try "Get Table Items" again. Second try seems to work every time, but probably a good idea to put in a retry limit.

Christian Juhl
Business Controller
Danske Commodities
Europe/Copenhagen

Hi @Sven_StienWullu,

It seems you are trying to spy the whole table using Browser/UIA mode and you are facing issues. Did you try by spying just one cell of a table and then using "Read" stage to read the whole table?

This approach gives you the whole table in one shot including blank rows as well which later can be modified ​using "Utility-Collection Manipulation" VBO.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

EVIPUTI
MVP
Can you try enabling check the "Show Invisible Elements" option in "Application Navigator" and  then try ?

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------