cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-relation in Blue Prism

ManasJena
Level 6
Hi All,

I have a use case where the process will do few actions and then wait for an event to trigger in another system to proceed further in process.
I am exploring few options on how to do it.Thought to know from experts who have achived this in a different way.

Any thoughts ?

------------------------------
Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Manas,

It is hard to suggest a definitive solution with this limited info. However, you might want to look at our Advanced Queue guide available in the portal which also talks about this scenario. Link here - https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/Blue%20Prism%20-%20Advanced%20Work%20Queues%20Guide%20%286.2.1%29%28EN%29_1.pdf

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

put flags and read variables. if flag is true do Right if not do Left.

Cohen
Romania

One option is to make the process go into a sleep/check/sleep/check loop until the check detects the event. But obviously this means your process is sat there doing almost nothing, and if the event takes a long time to occur, then this could be a waste of a valuable license. So another option would be to make the 'part 1' process end, and then start a 'part 2' process sometime later, so that between parts 1 and 2, you can use the machine for something else. But this assumes that you have a valid business reason to delay part 2 until you know when the event will have occurred.

As Shashank says, there is no definitive answer.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

​Thank you All.

My use case is like this . I have to read data from few systems and create a report. The Spreadsheet report is partially complete when I read few systems and add the details. When business user goes in to another system and manually completes some activity an email would be triggered and that email is something I am referring to complete the 2nd part of report. The catch is .....this activity from user side could be delayed and it may take several days to receive email and complete the rest of the process. I am proceeding with the approach John Carter Suggested here.  

I am now addressing this such a way that BOT will lookup for such kind of emails and do rest of the processing part. Was thinking if there is any other way to address this.

Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York