Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Collections

AS
Level 4

Hi All, 

I have two Collections :- Item Data and Final  Data
In  collection Item  Data there is a column called Amount which can be for Ex- 575; Corresponding to this in Collection FInal Data i have a column called Amount which has two entries one positive and one negative i.e. 575 and -575.
i have to compare these two collections on the basis of this and write the Matching rows in a third collection with an Extra column "Result" in which i have to write Success and Failure. Also, Except amount we have only one column common to them and that is currency.

I have looping in mind but that will take time, any other approaches.Please find Attached the images for collections as well.

20172.png20173.png

------------------------------
A S
4 REPLIES 4

LakshmiNarayan3
Level 6

Hi

it will more helpful if you provide sample data in excel with expected output

you have mentioned to add one more column results

Regards
Lakshmi Narayana

Lakshmi Narayana

The images are already attached

A S

Hi,
In general You can write c# or vb code to run faster if you have large no of rows in collection

I think 9 rows will not give much difference i believe.  If you  step out in the process it will be completed bit faster than usual step  in the debug 

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

harish.m
Level 12

YOU can also use filter Action in utility collection manipulation  and filter  both equal and not equal condition int two different collection and add new column for each collection.   and update either true or false based on the collection.
Once you completed the data manipulation you can merge two collection 

Assuming NetAmount ( Text Data Item ) from Item Data coll is present

"[Amount]="&"'"&[NetAmount]&"'"

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]