cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent BP Server services on the same machine

foehl
Level 6
Is it possible to run two Blue Prism Server services at the same time on the same machine? Specifically I'm looking at the use case of creating a production and non-production environment on the same machine.

I have tried to do this by setting up two databases and creating a connection to each database. I then configured two services using BPServer.exe one using the connection to the production database and open on port 8199, and the other connecting to the non-production database and open on port 9299.

I am able to get both services running separately, but if one or the other is already running, I am unable to start the second service.

Is this something that should be possible, but I have configured incorrectly, or is it just not a feasible deployment model? Do I need to look to use a separate server machine for each environment?

------------------------------
Felix Oehl
Robotic Process Automation Consultant
Ordina
Europe/Brussels
2 REPLIES 2

PetriKaukua
Level 4
Hi,

If you are using Blue Prism 6.6, it is a known bug that you are unable to run more than a one service per server without extra effort.
You can find the KB here:
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Installation-Platform/Configuration/Application-Server/1384776772/How-do-I-start-non-default-Server-services-after-upgrading-to-6-6.h...

Petri Kaukua
Certified Blue Prism Architect
Digital Workforce
Europe/Helsinki

Thanks Petri. I've implemented one of the workarounds from that article which has fixed the issue for me for the time being so I have both services up and running.

Felix Oehl
Robotic Process Automation Consultant
Ordina
Europe/Brussels