cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Resource PC

MichaelMeier
Level 2
Hello everyone,  i am trying to connect two resource pcs to a BP Server. The BP Server service is running on machine A and i can connect to the BP Server service from machine A (in the Control Room i see the resource of machine A and it says me: Connection - Yes).  Now i would like to conncet to the BP Server from another machine (machine B). When i specify the connection to machine A (via the ip adress) everything works fine and the connection is established and in the Control Room i see both machines. But: For the machine B it says: Connecteion - No, No such host is known. I logged in with the same user in both machines. If i log in with different users, the machine is sais: "Connection - No. Ressource private - owned by ...".  How can i connect two machines that they are really connected in the Control Room? Where can i find documentations about how to set up an environment? Kind regards MM
7 REPLIES 7

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
That really is a networking question rather than anything else.  Can you ping one machine from another, can you send telnet/http commands from one machine to another, is your firewall blocking communication, etc...  This requires some basic networking problem solving.

MichaelMeier
Level 2
Hi Denis,  yes it is a network problem. My ports are open and the firewall also should not be the problem. I can ping the computer. I realized i used the WCF: Insecure method because it was the only wy i could establish a connection. I am not familiar with WCF. How can i establish a connection via WCF?  Kind regards

DmytroShpin
Level 3
michaeljohannesmeier, I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm curious, have you solved it already? If so It'd be great to find out the solution. Many thanks. 

GuilhermeChainh
Level 3
I have the same problem

EricLiu
Level 5
Hi Michael, Could you please take some screen shots? The configuration of BP Client on machine A and machine B. Control room of machine A and machine B. You can launch Blue Prism from CMD. Normally it is C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Automation\automate.exe /resoucepc /public Check where your Blue Prism is installed and run the above command properly, hopefully it will solve your problem.

I am facing the same issue. Is it resolved for any of you.

------------------------------
Neha Tapkir

I added the resource pc's IP and its machine name entry in Host file on server machine and it worked. I think this error means it was not able to resolve the IP against the machine name and hence expects us to specify explicitly. 🙂 hope it works for you all also.

Neha Tapkir