cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming external public SOAP web service behind proxy

AntonioMelo
Level 3

Hey,

I am implementing a new flow in blueprism that needs to access an external SOAP service public on the internet. Unfortunately, our machines do not have a direct connection to the outside and we can only establish communications through an http proxy.

Can you help me dicover if is it possible to somehow configure a proxy for external calls to SOAP services, configured in system tab?

I can not find any way to do this...

Thanks,

------------------------------
Antonio Melo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @AntonioMelo

If i'm not wrong, by default BP use the same proxy that you have configured in your runtime machine (The digital worker). You can change this from the Internet Options Window.

I assume that you are using the functionality for SOAP Web Service that you have in the system tab.

Hope this helps you.

See you in the community!

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @AntonioMelo

If i'm not wrong, by default BP use the same proxy that you have configured in your runtime machine (The digital worker). You can change this from the Internet Options Window.

I assume that you are using the functionality for SOAP Web Service that you have in the system tab.

Hope this helps you.

See you in the community!

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Antonio,

There may be some useful information in this Knowledge Base article you could implement for this: "How can I set a proxy for HTTP requests sent through the Web API Services feature?".

Although this article is primarily about the Web APIs functionality, it contains some suggestions to try at the O/S level and/or by using the HTTP VBO.

Steve Boggs
Senior Software Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the help, after some tests I verified that the runtime was using the proxy configured in the system and that it is just an authentication problem, unfortunately my corporate proxy requires authentication.

Do you know if there is any way to config proxy auth tru runtime .exe aplication?

Strange is that blue prism studio does not use proxy in the same way when we are configuring a SOAP service in the system tab.

Thanks again,

Antonio Melo

PavanKumarMathi
Level 2

Hi @Antonio Melo , I'm also in same Boat, did you get any solution to setup Proxy for API in blueprism.

PavanKumar Mathi