cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy a range of column from one collection to another collection

sumitsharma1
Level 3
Hi ,I want to copy range of column of a dynamic collection to another collection but in utility collection manipulation it is only available for the row. Please suggest .   thanks 
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If the collections aren't huge then I'd probably just do it with diagram loops. The other option is to create a new code stage to manipulate a .Net datatable (which is what the utility objects do).

JasonNguyen
Level 2
hi John could you please help explain more details how to do the loops or vlookup columns in this case? i have file1 have column A, B, C, D and file2 i have column A, C, and E i want to add column E from file 2 in the file1 , and this column E will be based on the matching value looked up in the column A in 2 files. could you please help advise ? thanks a lot. jason 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Read file1 into a collection, then append a new column onto the collection. Read file2 into another collection Create a nested loop (one loop inside another) In the inner loop, compare collection1 with collection2, and decide whether to update [collection1[.[ColumnE] Write collection1 back to file1