cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste from the BP product

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi again,

As a result of some trivial problems with BP6.10 and Java programs, we have to change a large number of objects against the Java application. Today these objects use the Match Index for identification of Checkboxes, Buttons and what have you, and each of these will be changed to use some other property. As we're talking about a lot of objects, used by a lot of processes, I started to make a list of object page usages so we can split the job amongst the developers and keep track on where we are in this project.

What I need is a list of all processes using a certain page in an object. Such a list can easily be shown on several screens in BP but you cannot mark and copy anything from these screens to past it in, let's say, an XL, as BP does not allow me to mark and copy any such details. 😞

As a programmer, I'd go for the database, run a few SQL's and have the answer ready. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the database, so this thing is out. 😞

In a previous similar situation, I made a package of all our processes and objects, and text-searched the resulting XML with Notepad++. That cost me an hour or so to get only the few occurrences I knew existed. Now I expect many data items, spread over many object pages and process pages, so I wouldn't know how to do that. 😞   (suggestions welcome!)

Questions:
Anyone has a good idea how to quickly create a list as described above?

BP:
Why can't we copy anything from the BP interfaces such as Studio and process and object References?

Thanks in advance for any contributions!
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)
1 REPLY 1

PvD_SE
Level 12

Ok, no response yet. I probably was not very clear in my original post. Lemme rephrase the question:

Assume we have an external supplier supplying us with BP objects for one of our many applications. These objects are widely used in many processes and also in several of our own objects.

Suddenly, it is discovered that these objects will no longer work with a new version of BP. As a result, our processes using these objects to access the application will no longer work. Luckily, our supplier reacts swiftly, finds a solution and delivers new versions of all their objects to us. The day is saved! (or is it...)

Most of the changes made by the supplier are changes in the input parameters on several pages in each of the changed objects. So now we have to find a way to implement these input parameter changes into our own objects and processes. As you are aware, every parameter change has to be handled otherwise our processes will no longer function.

When listing every modification made by the supplier that involved an changed input parameter, and following each of these changes all the way up to the process, we end up with hundreds of places where action must be taken to keep our processes working. So we need a list in order to split up this massive job and assign a chunk of it to each developer, we can call this list the To Do list.

Question:
How would you create the To Do list for this project in a handy format (eg. XL)?

Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)