cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy files to Microsoft Teams file folder using Blue Prism process

JulianCha
Level 2
I am trying to copy files to Microsoft Team file folder. I tried to copy file location in MS Team to copy file but does not seem to work using file management object.  Does anyone have tips on how to integrate Blue Prism with MS Teams to copy files into MS Teams?

------------------------------
Julian Cha
6 REPLIES 6

JennaSchnizlein
Level 5
Hi Julian,
You should be able to use the File Management action to copy or move the file to the SharePoint location behind the Teams page.  I had to map that site to like a network drive first, but it has been working so far.

Hope this helps!

Jenna Schnizlein

ManishKumar
Level 7
Hi Julian,

From my experience, MS teams will be linked with SharePoint / One-Drive.  I'll suggest to install One-Drive App and sync Share Point/MS teams URLs as local drive. It will as easy as copying any files or folders like normal drive. Also, you will get other others to keep files sync on server in real time.

Manish Kumar

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Microsoft exposes endpoints within their Graph API for uploading files to One Drive (which is essentially the backend of everything Microsoft 365). At some point, we will release an integration on the DX for working with One Drive, but in the meantime you could create your own Web API service definition or a leverage the HTTP VBO to interact with the specific Graph endpoints for uploading files.

You can find more information about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/onedrive?view=graph-rest-1.0

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Manish,

For me I need to copy files and folder from MS Teams. As you suggested link with MS Teams/Share point with One drive. Is this possible how to set up. And if somebody added file and update file or folder is that can Bot able to copy updated file or folder ? Please suggest on this and steps as well, It will be help full for me.

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

Hi Manish,

SharePoint/MS teams link with OneDrive. Can you please share steps how to copy file folder from there. I have SharePoint/onedrive link/Url (LIKE - https://xxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/bot_xxx_com/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FSalesOps213%2FShared%20).

Which Action and VBO need to use to copy files /folder based on input from input excel file.

Screen shot for OneDrive.

29361.png

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

Hi Pralay,

Click the "Sync"  option to set up a local drive instance for your SharePoint path. Once, this setup is completed you can use way same as any other local drive and copy or move files.

Manish Kumar