cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not initialise Java Access Bridge support - Failed to load Java Access Bridge DLL

JodiBates
Level 3
We have a Blue Prism automation that runs daily, usually with no exceptions that uploades files to a website.  However it gets an intermitant error:

"ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - Could not initialise Java Access Bridge support - Failed to load Java Access Bridge DLL. The file could not be found in any of the following expected locations -
Application Directory: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll
Current Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll"

For some reason the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll file goes missing.  We are able to fix the problem by copying the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll into the c:\windows\syswow64\ folder of the run time resources whoever the problem keeps reoccuring every month or so.  Has anyone had this problem and fixed it so it doesn't keep happening?

------------------------------
Jodi Bates
9 REPLIES 9

Jens_OleKnudse1
Level 3

Dear Jodi

It doesn't fix the problem of a missing file, but a work-around could be to have the proces copy the file to the desired location from a secure repository before the attach. You could use the file utility to check if the file exists first or just copy the file over and replace it no matter what depending on your preferences.

Jens Ole Knudsen
Actuary
Forca
Europe/Copenhagen

Hi Jodi,

It should not happen. are you facing this issue after restart your bot machine.? which can be weekly or monthly activity.

If you are facing this issue after restarted your bot machine. you have to add your java access bridge files and create restart point so if in future system get restart it will keep your previous all settings and files 

Please reply if need more help

Nilesh Jadhav
Nilesh Jadhav.
Consultant
ADP,India

Hi Nilesh, thank you for your reply.  The bot machines are 24/7, however they get restarted regularly for various reasons and I know the machines have been restarted several times between when the file went missing last time and when it went missing again 2 days ago.  Each machine that was missing the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll was restarted after the file was replaced and the automation has been running fine since then.

Jodi Bates

Thank you for your suggestion.  If we don't come up with a solution I will look into doing that but would like to get to the bottom of it.

Jodi Bates

Hi Jodi,

I hope you will not face this issue in future.

Please just monitor the pattern of deleting the dll file so we can do RND and try to stop failing in future.

Please reply if need any help 🙂

Thanks
Nilesh

Nilesh Jadhav
Nilesh Jadhav.
Consultant
ADP,India

Thanks Nilesh, I will.

Jodi Bates

Hi Jodi

Greetings!

try to download and install the Java Access Bridge Installer. i  hope after restart the files will be availble 

https://portal.blueprism.com/products/extras/blue-prism-java-access-bridge-installer-103

VamshiKrihsna Dasa
System Architect
Fujitsu India Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
VamshiKrihsna Dasa System Architect Fujitsu India Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

Thanks Vamshi, I will try that and see how we go.

Jodi Bates

Hi,

we have Open JDK instead of Oracle JDK installed on our machines. This means we are lacking the WindowsAccessBridge DLL in the Windows sub-folders.
I have downloaded and ran BPJabInstaller-1.0.3 (as provided by Blue Prism) as local admin. The log of the installation is attached.
But even after BPJabInstaller the WindowsAccessBridge DLL is missing.

Could someone please confirm if BPJabInstaller is supposed to work with Open JDK?

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna