cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credential Vault BP 6.6 - Property Limit

AlejandroFelip2
Level 2
Hi All, 

I would like to know if there is any limit for adding properties to an existing credential within the BP Credential Vault (Blue Prism 6.6)

I would need to create a credential containing more than 700 properties, does anyone know if there is any limit? Or if there is something that I should take as a potential risk?

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards,
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

In the Blue Prism database schema a credential property is related to the of the credential table as both these tables have a unique identifier as their primary key it is possible to store in total 340 undecillion (3.4 X10^38) records in total in both tables. Just because you can however doesn't mean that you should. There will be a number of things you need to consider when maintaining acceptable performance, 700 credential properties is a lot however it also depends on how many credentials with 700 properties you require, how frequently they are accessed, from how many processes and concurrency to name a few.

As always I would test this level of complexity in a lower route to live environment to ensure you can achieve sustainable levels of acceptable performance.

Regards

Chris

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
​That's a lot of properties! I think it's safe to assume there is no upper limit on the number of properties that may be added to a credential, as long as each one has a unique name. The property values are encrypted in the same way as credentials, so there wouldn't be any additional risk to using properties instead of credentials.

In the Blue Prism database schema a credential property is related to the of the credential table as both these tables have a unique identifier as their primary key it is possible to store in total 340 undecillion (3.4 X10^38) records in total in both tables. Just because you can however doesn't mean that you should. There will be a number of things you need to consider when maintaining acceptable performance, 700 credential properties is a lot however it also depends on how many credentials with 700 properties you require, how frequently they are accessed, from how many processes and concurrency to name a few.

As always I would test this level of complexity in a lower route to live environment to ensure you can achieve sustainable levels of acceptable performance.

Regards

Chris