cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credential "Find Reference) not working

EmilNylander
Level 2
Hi

I am using Credentials in different processes and sometimes even calculating the credential name and then getting the data. The "Find reference" button only works when the credential name is inputted directly into the "Get Credential" action with quotation marks but not when a data item containing the name is inputted in the action. Is there any way to get the find reference working in that case?

Regards,
Emil
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Emil - not really. The references are recorded in the DB in a series of tables with names like BPA...Dependency, but as your observations have shown, the BPAProcessCredentialsDependency table is only updated when the process is saved with a literal credential name input value. I suspect the reason is that the 'save dependencies' logic doesn't attempt to calculate the result of any expressions, and technically [My Credential Name] is an expression. That said, the logic should attempt to resolve simple Data Item references like this.

Although I have so solution to your problem, I suggest you raise a 'public' enhancement request here and I will do the same on our internal ideas board.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Emil - not really. The references are recorded in the DB in a series of tables with names like BPA...Dependency, but as your observations have shown, the BPAProcessCredentialsDependency table is only updated when the process is saved with a literal credential name input value. I suspect the reason is that the 'save dependencies' logic doesn't attempt to calculate the result of any expressions, and technically [My Credential Name] is an expression. That said, the logic should attempt to resolve simple Data Item references like this.

Although I have so solution to your problem, I suggest you raise a 'public' enhancement request here and I will do the same on our internal ideas board.