cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credentials - Additional Properties - have you used these?

CynthiaLibby
Level 3
My client has asked for ways Credentials can be used when there are many users and applications. Looking at the Additional Properties I can think of a couple of ways to use these, but curious to see how they are being used elsewhere. 1. If the same Username is used for multiple applications then the Additional Properties name would be the Application Name and the password would be in the Value. But since there isn't an action to Set these properties they would have to be manually updated. They also wouldn't have individual expiration dates. So it almost seems like that is really only useful if the application never expires passwords. Additional Properties Name Value SAPIDES ***** BWSystem ***** MySystem ***** 2. If the login screen had additional values that were tied specifically to the Username, then those values could be stored here. Additional Properties Name Value Region **** Company **** Environment ****
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There is an example in the Start Up page of the Lifecycle Orientation solution process (with which you should be familiar) of how you might calculate the Credential name at runtime. In summary - the calculation of the credential name is where you build your logic for how credentials are stored. Most clients either use the Resource PC name or the Logged in LAN user name as the basis for the credential names. So that they are called thinks like: PCNAME123 Appname or LANUSER123 Appname. This will work with your region/company/environment because I presume different resources belong to different parts of your organisation. Another option maybe to have different resourcepcs start wtih different /user switches (rather than public to all parts of your organisation) - and base the credentials upon that in some way. If in doubt I recommend that you discuss your design with someone with lots of Blue Prism experience either within your organisation or your Blue Prism Delivery Enablement Manager.