cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Gateways file Creation

YvesSchumacher
Level 3

Hi Community

Any idea how I can create a DateTime dt = "YYYYMMdd_HHmm" that is round down to 10 minutes?

We need to configure DataGateways in a way that the file is written new every 10 Minutes. I'd like to do this by using the given DateTime functionality.

How can I round down the datetime i'm using in the file name = dgwlog_%{+YYYYMMdd_HHmm}.txt to 10 minutes?

Meaning:

20200721_1042 --> 20200721_1040

20200721_1048 --> 20200721_1040

20200721_1050 --> 20200721_1050

The goal is that there will be a new file every 10 minutes for the DataGateways output.

If I am using only one Minute value like "log_%{+YYYYMMdd_HHm}0.txt" --> this will give me Minutes like this: 1 or 17 or 53.

So this is not working.

Thank you in Advance

------------------------------
Yves Schumacher
Business Consultant
InCube Group
Europe/Zurich
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi Yves,

If you can have the Data Gateways input run once every 10 minutes then you could use the Custom Configuration to modify the schedule to execute every 10 minutes so that a file will be created at minutes 00,10,20,30,40,50 every hour. The schedule is in a Cron format so the schedule line for the input would be;

schedule => "*/10 * * * * *"

This way you could keep your file suffix format of YYYYMMdd_HHmm. 

Please be aware that once you use the Custom Configuration for a Data Gateways Configuration, you cannot go back to using the GUI based configuration and as always I suggest testing this in a lower environment (local machine, development, test) before making changes in production.

Regards

Chris

Chris McGowan
Senior Technical Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Yves,
In the Utility - Date and Time Manipulation object, there is an action called DateAdd. You can add a specified number of hours, minutes, and/or seconds to a given DateTime. 
Would you be able to use this action to establish the 10 minute interval?

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Patrick

No this Utility - Date and Time Manipulation object can not be called from "Data Gateways Configuration".
Important to know is that i'm not doing this in any Blue Prism Process or Object but in the configuration Tab of  Data Gateways inside Blue Prism.

I got some answer in another Forum, where they told me to check out this here:
http://logstash-docs.elasticsearch.org.s3.amazonaws.com/_logstash_config_language.html

Yves Schumacher
Business Consultant
InCube Group
Europe/Zurich

Hi Yves,

If you can have the Data Gateways input run once every 10 minutes then you could use the Custom Configuration to modify the schedule to execute every 10 minutes so that a file will be created at minutes 00,10,20,30,40,50 every hour. The schedule is in a Cron format so the schedule line for the input would be;

schedule => "*/10 * * * * *"

This way you could keep your file suffix format of YYYYMMdd_HHmm. 

Please be aware that once you use the Custom Configuration for a Data Gateways Configuration, you cannot go back to using the GUI based configuration and as always I suggest testing this in a lower environment (local machine, development, test) before making changes in production.

Regards

Chris

Chris McGowan
Senior Technical Consultant
Blue Prism