cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher Install - Decipher Server error

JenniferDenis-M
Level 3
Hi
We are installing Decipher on multi tenant platform. All Decipher components are installed on the same server and using SQL Authentication for SQL installation.

We are receiving an error when installing the Decipher Server component.  It does create the Decipher Server DB on sql. We do not see NT Authority user.

Does anyone know the cause the installation error.  We were able to install all other components without an issue. Our problems are around the Decipher Server installation.
36772.png
36773.png
11 REPLIES 11

Jennifer,

obvious question - do you have sufficient permissions for creating a database under the user you are specifying. I guess the answer might be yes as you are saying that you see Decipher Server DB in MS SQL. I can see in the log file that you ticked to use Encryption. Can you try to run installer without ticking the checkboxes for encryption? It is just to change something to see if it can be the reason.

Regards,

Zdenek

JenniferDenis-M
Level 3
@Zdeněk Kabátek

We did uninstall all components and reinstalled without encryption. We still had the same error.  We are trying to install on SQL PaaS instance with SQL authentication.  Do you know if the installation will work on SQL PaaS?​

Hi, Jennifer,

I believe that Decipher is not yet supported on SQL PaaS. If I remember correctly I tried it couple months ago and it failed. When I installed on local MS SQL it worked without an issue.

Regards,

Zdenek

JenniferDenis-M
Level 3
Hi Zdenek,

Thanks for the quick response. We are uninstalling and going to try a different SQL Server and not use SQL PaaS. I hope this works. I will respond after we are finished. 

Thanks, Jen

JenniferDenis-M
Level 3
Here is the new architecture:
1 VM server installing for Decipher components, Web Client, RabbitMQ
1 SQL IaaS for Decipher Server DB
1 SQL PaaS with existing BP 6.9 DB

When we installed the Decipher Licensing Service - we point to the existing BP on SQL PaaS server
When we installed the Decipher Server DB -  it is to SQL IaaS server (installation is working now)

We followed all the steps to update config files and RabbitMQ. 

But the Decipher Server service will not run.  We have gone through all the online troubleshooting steps.  Could it be due to the Decipher Server DB is on a different server from our BP SQL DB?  
It worked when we created a NEW BP Database on the same SQL IaaS server as the Decipher Server DB. Obviously, we don't want to have a different BP instance only for Decipher. 

How do we get the Decipher Server service running with the new architecture?

Hi, Jennifer,

well, you still want to have one of SQL Servers in PaaS :). 

All right, I can't say whether it is going to work and may be it would be better to raise a ticket with support to check whether this configuration is supported or not but let's do some further investigation.

I suspect that the issue is in the Decipher Licensing Service. Can you check the log. You can find it here "c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Blue Prism\Decipher Licensing Service\".

If Licensing Service is running fine meaning it could check the license (which I assume you have as you wrote that when you run BP DB on IaaS it worked) then the message there should be something like this 2021-05-04 22:06:58.4462|DEBUG|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.LicensingRequestHandler|Checking license validity.

If it can't check the license there can be something like this
2021-04-16 10:26:46.9350|ERROR|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.BluePrismLicensingClient|System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "4Decipher" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling, SqlAuthenticationProviderManager sqlAuthProviderManager)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.DataAccessRepository.<ExecuteQuery>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins\workspace\Decipher-Build\BluePrism.Decipher.ServerLicensing\DataAccessRepository.cs:line 34
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.LicensingInfoClientService.<GetActivationRequests>d__11.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins\workspace\Decipher-Build\BluePrism.Decipher.ServerLicensing\LicensingInfoClientService.cs:line 63
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at BluePrism.Decipher.Licensi

Please let us know the result.

Regards,

Zdenek

JenniferDenis-M
Level 3
Thank you. This is the log error:

2021-05-04 20:25:42.8837|DEBUG|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.LicensingRequestHandler|Checking license validity
2021-05-04 20:25:42.8837|ERROR|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.BluePrismLicensingClient|System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'sys.database_recovery_status'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.<>c.<ExecuteDbDataReaderAsync>b__180_0(Task`1 result)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.DataAccessRepository.<ExecuteQuery>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins\workspace\Decipher-Build\BluePrism.Decipher.ServerLicensing\DataAccessRepository.cs:line 34
at BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.LicensingInfoClientService.<GetDatabaseId>d__9.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins\workspace\Decipher-Build\BluePrism.Decipher.ServerLicensing\LicensingInfoClientService.cs:line 31
at BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.BluePrismLicensingClient.<GetLicenseActivationEnvironmentId>d__4.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins\workspace\Decipher-Build\BluePrism.Decipher.ServerLicensing\BluePrismLicensingClient.cs:line 38
at BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.BluePrismLicensingClient.<GetLicenseInfo>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins\workspace\Decipher-Build\BluePrism.Decipher.ServerLicensing\BluePrismLicensingClient.cs:line 23

JenniferDenis-M
Level 3
Forgot to add. the C:\Jenkins is not our configuration. Assuming it must be in the debug from original developer.

Hi, Jennifer,

I must have laughed when I saw your message as this was exactly the message which I received when database server was as PaaS. I just did not remember whether it was even for Blue Prism database or only Decipher. I raised a ticket in November 2020 to report this but I got below response. To avoid issues for PoC we migrated out of Azure not to spend to much precious time on such challenges and everything worked well - as you also detected. So my recommendation would be to raise a ticket with support. I am sorry I can't help more.

Regards,

Zdenek
Regarding the "sys.database_recovery_status" error message you have mentioned, is not a complete error and part of the stack is missing but have seen it in an Azure environment when BP server was attempting to query the system table "sys.database_recovery_status", but this table did not exist on an Azure database (it was present in SQL Server only). In your case, I am not sure when you get the error or whether your customer operates in an Azure environment but it could also be an access right issue where it attempts to access the "sys.database_recovery_status" system table and it gets denied or there is no connection to it this table.