cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher Server- Not starting on Local Computer

VarindaS_
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I am suddenly facing an issue with Decipher Server. I am unable to start it. I am receiving the error, "The Decipher Server on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."
31103.jpg

I have rebooted the machine on which Decipher has been installed and I have also tried stopping all Decipher services and restarting them in the below order:-
  1. Decipher Licensing Service
  2. Decipher Server
  3. Decipher Web SDK Service

I stopped all the services including RabbitMQ and set them to automatic/ automatic (delay) and after restarting the machine, all services started running except Decipher Server. The Database name has not been changed and Web.config file is also correct.

Kindly let me know if there is a solution for this.

------------------------------
Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
8 REPLIES 8

boiko
Staff
Staff

Hello Varinda,

It is quite difficult to advise anything on this, because we don't have any error messages from the event logs for Decipher server service.  So my first check would be to look at the event logs and then if the Decipher license is still valid which could cause Decipher server service to fail.

Regars,

Tomas

Tomas Boiko
Software support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hello Tomas, 

Thank you for your reply. It turns out the Decipher License has been updated recently. Any suggestions on what went wrong and if there is any configuration change that is required?

Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
Neosoft Technologies

Hi Varinda.

Just for clarification, you are running Decipher v1.2 and you updated the Decipher license file, also for v1.2? 

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hello Jack,

We were using Decipher version 1.120.6180 and recently we have upgraded to version 1.2 and installed a new license for it. Since then, we have been facing issues with getting the Decipher Server running.

Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
Neosoft Technologies

Hi Varinda.

Has v1.2 ever worked?

I found this in the Decipher v1.2 troubleshooting section on bpdocs.com:

31093.pngjack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

I realized this error message usually relates to the Decipher Licensing Service not being properly configured or in general the Decipher License.

So, we imported a new Decipher license key in BP and the Decipher server started running. Currently, all 4 servers are up and running along with RabbitMQ.  But now, I am getting the below error while trying to log in to Decipher.

Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
Neosoft Technologies

Hi Varinda.

I have not seen this issue and do not know. I'm asking around to see if I can get an answer.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Varinda,

This issue could be caused by the cached information form your previous session while restarting RabbitMQ service. I would try restarting your IIS service and that should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Tomas

Tomas Boiko
Software support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London