cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting whether an Excel Macro has completed

jgreaves2
Level 4
Good Afternoon, As part of a development request I am working on, I am designing a process that will run any Macro within any Excel Spreadsheet, based on input parameters. The trouble I am having is determining whether or not the Macro has completed. As the process is generic, each Macro will be doing something different. I have looked at the option of having each Macro used amended to produce a new file, then determining if this file exists; result: Macro has run however, I feel this isn't the most ideal way of doing things. Does anyone know of a technical way to determine whether a Macro has: A) Started B) Completed C) Terminated Our VM's are running the following software: -Windows 7 -Excel 2010. -Blue Prism 4.2 Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks, James
1 REPLY 1

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
James, I think the easiest solution (for yourself at least) could be to have each macro throw an alert message box after it has finished. Blue Prism could then recognize this, click the OK command button on the message box and continue processing. This should be easy and quick to implement into each macro. Going forward, this could be made part of standard practice going forward when creating macros. - Tom