cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery

Mohammedareeb
Level 4
Hi

I wanted to know if taking a backup of the database is enough to restore Blue Prism back to its functional state in case of a disaster. Or should I take the backups of the Application server and runtime resources as well?

For eg if my servers get wiped is the database enough to recover Blue Prism back to the state it was in before the disaster. By state, I mean all the processes, objects, environmental variables, queues, etc. Can all of these be restored by the database?

------------------------------
Mohammed areeb
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
If you have a backup of the database you could restore the BP environment including the items listed in your post (all the processes, objects, environmental variables, queues, etc), up to the point of your last backup.

For Runtime Resources, we would recommend backing the configuration files, stored usually in C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3.
For Application Servers, also backup that folder and the Encryption Key (if that is stored on the Application Server and not the database).
The Encryption Key is important as that can't be recreated. The configurations can be recreated pretty quickly if needed, so their backup is more of a "nice to have".

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
If you have a backup of the database you could restore the BP environment including the items listed in your post (all the processes, objects, environmental variables, queues, etc), up to the point of your last backup.

For Runtime Resources, we would recommend backing the configuration files, stored usually in C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3.
For Application Servers, also backup that folder and the Encryption Key (if that is stored on the Application Server and not the database).
The Encryption Key is important as that can't be recreated. The configurations can be recreated pretty quickly if needed, so their backup is more of a "nice to have".

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong