cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Identification

PaulOrd
Level 2
Hi, I'm fairly new to using decipher.

I want to know if there is a way to identify individual documents by a unique identify that I assign before pushing the document into Decipher.

For example, I have 3 documents (all the same type) relating to 3 unique cases (A,B and C). I add the 3 documents to a batch and push them into decipher, they all have data extracted successfully and I extract the results back to the BP process.
My problem is that I now have 3 sets of document outputs but no way to identify which set of data goes to which case (A,B,C).
The documents don't have the case identifier on them to be extracted as part of the decipher data extraction stage.

It seems that when adding a document to a batch and pushing it to decipher, I lose all of its identifiable info.
Ideally I would like to assign each document pushed its own identifier. I would also be able to identify the document if the original filename could be output with the extracted data.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

MariusErbert1
Level 4
Hello,

that's only possible if you push one document per batch into decipher. In this case you can add your own document id to the meta data for each batch.
I hope that in future versions it will be possible to track the documents effectively.

Best Regards
Marius

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MariusErbert1
Level 4
Hello,

that's only possible if you push one document per batch into decipher. In this case you can add your own document id to the meta data for each batch.
I hope that in future versions it will be possible to track the documents effectively.

Best Regards
Marius

Hi, Paul,

there is another way. You can get the file name of the original document if you can run sql query against your Decipher database. Please check Decipher Template here - Jump Start.

Regards

Zdenek

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Paul.

Following up on Marius' answer, if you use the file name as the batch name, you will have the info you need.

jack