cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Attribute, with Wildcards

MichaelBerg_And
Level 3

Hi all,

I am currently building an integration where the usage of Dynamic Attributes with wildcards would be a huge help. 

Is there any way to achieve this?

For example:

The Window Text of a specific window can be:

"Create - Customer", "Create - Product", "Modify - Customer", "Modify - Product" and so on.

If I could provide "Create*" or "Modify*", through the Dynamic input, that would solve the issue - But I cant seem to find a way to trigger the wildcard search, through the dynamic input.

I do have other solutions in mind, but this would be the easiest and cleanest, if possible.

------------------------------
Michael Berg Andreasen
RPA Developer
SE
Europe/Denmark
18 REPLIES 18

RajeshKumar
Level 5
​Hi Michael
Select Attribute Match Type to Dynamic and In parameters we can choose wildcard. Get the value into Data item using Calc stage and then use the value with Match Type Wildcard.

Rajesh kumar Muthineni
RPA Developer
Highmark Health
America/Chicago

​In case if you need this expression

""""&[Data1]&[Data2]&""""

Data1: Create -
Data2: *

Rajesh kumar Muthineni
RPA Developer
Highmark Health
America/Chicago

Hi Rajesh,

I was also certain, that I had seen that functionality before - thank you for highlighting it for me!

Michael Berg Andreasen
RPA Developer
SE
Europe/Copenhagen

​I might have understood your question in other way. Just sharing for other members this is from Attribute Match Doc

* - Matches against a wildcard expression in which * represents any characters

? - Matches against a wildcard expression in which ? matches any single character

# - Matches against a wildcard expression in which # matches any single number

If you find better ways of doing it please share here.

Thank you 🙂

Rajesh kumar Muthineni
RPA Developer
Highmark Health
America/Chicago

MarcFuse
Level 2
Hi, 
I have similar problem: my integration is using PuTTY to connect to various devices and I want to make sure I'am writing text to the appropriate window. PuTTY uses the Windows Text like: "IP_address - PuTTY" in its terminal window.
It would be nice to get IP_address from a Data item (which I already use to connect) and add " - PuTTY" to it, to check if the terminal window text is accurate.
Something like this: [IPaddress]&" - PuTTY" but what is the correct syntax?

Marc

Hi Rajesh,

I have make the element in application dynamic ,because a DIV in the path changes +1.

But another DIV keep changing there too,and it is not a regular change so I can't get a regular expression to it.

That is the reason that I have put a (*) in it.

I did the " Match type " wildcard but after some runnings it stop and sometimes also the blueprism closed it self.

What is the best way to fix it,in that way it will work fine ?

For this element I first use a wait stage ,to check if it exists or not ,and then I read the value in it with a read stage , when I put the parameters that are in the attached photo. For the second element I do the same thing , i check if it exist or not ,read its value and keep doing this thing until there is no more row to read.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with the right way,

Thank you in advance,

Erjola

21043.png

Erjola Mema

The syntax you've provided looks like it would be correct. When in doubt, try spying out the window in Win32 mode (you don't have to save it) and see what format shows up in the application modeler for the Window Title filter.

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

Hi @AmiBarrett,

What do you suggest me ?

Erjola Mema

Hi @ErjolaMema,

I don't think the problem here is with how you have made the attribute dynamic rather the problem might lie with the fact that you are taking in the full web path which always can be susceptible to change​. As a best practice, I never go with full webpaths but instead I prefer XPaths which can make your life much easier and also make the selector attributes more robust in nature.

I could help you to build an XPath which you can use here in place of the Web Path that you are using but for that I would need to have a look at the HTML code of the element that you are spying. An easy way to do is that on your web browser (Chrome/Firefox or Edge), navigate to the web page and right click on the same and select the 'Inspect' option as shown below:

21044.png

Click on the 'Inspect' icon and select the element that you want to get the attribute for:

21045.png
21046.png

And you should see the HTML code in the code window below the 'Inspect' icon for the highlighted element:

21047.png

Based on this HTML structure, I can easily form an 'XPath' expression which would be much more reliable. You can read in detail about a similar topic, I answered in past here at the forum on benefits and usage of XPaths over traditional web paths: Question on Xpath

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com