cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Scheduling for processes

DebasishMondal
Level 3
Hello,
I would like to know how can I change the scheduler start time and/or other scheduler data from a process by changing the Blue Prism metadata through backend (like SQL query).

Let me try to give the scenario/requirement,
Suppose Process-1 is scheduled to run at 6 AM through a scheduler named Scheduler-1. But business may want to run it at 8 AM for a particular day as per their need. This change may be ad-hoc and very frequent.
But business has no access to Blue Prism environment. They will use and update one DB table (say BusinessScheduler) which will contain the scheduler related info (like start time) for Process-1.
I have another Process-2 which will constantly check the BusinessScheduler table and update the scheduler information of Scheduler-1 in Background Mode using SQL query to the Blue Prism database.

Does this make sense?

Is this possible? If yes, what are the Blue Prism table and which fields we need to update to reflect the update in the scheduler instantly.

------------------------------
Debasish Mondal
7 REPLIES 7

DebasishMondal
Level 3
I know this can be achieved by triggering through web service call but with some infrastructure change in production system.
So, trying to find the solution through scheduler first.

Debasish Mondal

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Schedules are listed in BPASchedule. The actual timing of the schedule can be found in BPAScheduleTrigger. Somehow these tie into BPAScheduleListSchedule, referencing the scheduleid from BPAScheduleTrigger (which also matches id in BPASchedule), as well as a corresponding schedulelistid matching column id in BPAScheduleList.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Hey just curious about the variables that you are referring to in this post like BPASchedule, BRPScheduleTrigger, BPAScheduleListSchedule. Could you explain to me where you are finding/using these?

Andrew Randolph
Analyst
Accenture
America/New_York

Those are table names out of the BP Database. Everything else referenced were columns within them.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Hi Ami,

I am looking to capture the future schedule of a particular process within a web service, the above given tables only contain the past schedule and don't have the list of future schedule that we have set through the Blue Prism scheduler. Can you please provide us the table name for that ?

Rohit Khimavat
Software Engineer
Cross Country Info tech Pvt. Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Ami, 

I checked in the corresponding tables, Schedule Data exists. I created one time schedule from the UI and update it's starttime after 10 minutes in the database table. But that change is not reflecting. 

Behaviour should be Schedule trigger after 10 minutes (Or should be according to time as per DATABASE TABLE), but schedule is trigger only on time which is set by UI. 

What should I do so that trigger time should be same as database table ? 

Thanks,
Prafful 

Prafful Namdev

PraffulNamdev
Level 2
Did changes worked for you ?

Prafful Namdev