cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email handling for multiple attachments in a single mail.

SurendharanKuga
Level 2

I have a scenario like multiple invoices will be attached to a single email. Upon successful posting of a  invoice the email will be moved to subfolder and remaining invoices errored out as the mail was already in the destination folder, Consider I have 4 invoices in a mail, out of which 3 have posted successfully by bot and one failed, then mail likely has to moved to 2 subfolders, Is there a viable solution to this.

Regards

Surendharan K

------------------------------
Surendharan Kuganesan
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

In order to get a recommendation here, some additional information would be useful:

• What version of Blue Prism is in use in this environment?
  • What is the email client in use, and relevant VBO being used?
  • If using the Outlook VBO, which version is in use (e.g. the out-of-the-box Outlook VBO installed with BP, an updated one from the Digital Exchange, etc.)?
  • What specific Actions in the relevant VBO are being used for this scenario?

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi @SurendharanKuga ,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "Upon successful posting of a  invoice the email will be moved to subfolder and remaining invoices errored out as the mail was already in the destination folder"? The reason I'm asking is that when we have multiple files to be attached to a single email communication, we generate a CSV string of the file list and then attach it in one shot to the email being sent. 

We confirm that the file exists before adding the path of that file to that CSV string. Therefore, by the time the multiple files are attached to an email, we are in a position to determine how many files failed to be attached from the total number of files expected to be attached to that email communication.

I'm attaching snippets of flows that do something similar to your case, but in our situation if the total number of attachments is not equal to the number of files in the source system, we do not send the email and mark that record as failure (and manual processing).

13589.png

13590.png

Hope this helps.

Prashanth (Andy) Menon