cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Cannot recursively call actions in a shared object

Error: Cannot recursively call actions in a shared object "XYZ name of object"

Hello, I observed this error while running a process and calling a specific object. I tried closing the object and no instance of that object is open neither any process is running in the control room which may be utilizing the same object.

Run mode of the object is set to Exclusive.

I suspect this has something to do with the run mode settings of the object but I'm looking for better guidance on this error and a workaround to resolve it with good practice.

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
2 REPLIES 2

Hi!

Your shared object have any piece of code or any part of the process that could give you an exception? 

I have a similar problem with one object that I start using for data base connection, and it solve just using "try catch" and catching better the exceptions.

When I have this problem, I still had the exclusive check marked and.

Hope this help you.

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Programmer
Altamira AM

MatthewRach
Level 2
This error message gets generated when running an object (X) that calls another object (Y) AND somewhere within Object (Y) there is a stage [could be on a completely separate/different page] that calls Object (X).

So, the error isn't because Object (X) and Object (Y) recursively call each other. It is that the Object X has logic to call Y, and Object Y has logic to call X maintained somewhere. So, there is the potential to call recursively, and thus the error, whether or not the objects actually do.

In short, two objects are calling each other. This shouldn't happen.

Matthew Rach
Senior Automation Analyst
ATB Financial
America/Denver