cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Importing

Juan_MateoCasta
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to integrate azure DevOps and Blue Prism 6.9, but hit a roadstop when I try to import the release. The Command returns the following error

"Database error - Database version could not be determined"

It only happens when I try to do it with Azure DevOps, if i run the same command manually from the cmd it completes successfully. Also if I run the same pipeline in a pc that has bp 6.5 installed, it all runs smoothly. Really stumped on how to make it import whitout any kind of error, if anyone has some insights to this situation it would save my day

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Juan Mateo Castagno Marquez
1 REPLY 1

Hi Juan,

For the error: "Database error - Database version could not be determined"

When starting the Blue Prism Server service, it may fail and produce an error in the Blue Prism event viewer as shown below:

BPServer.ServerService
An error occurred while trying to start the server
BluePrism.BPCoreLib.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Database version could not be determined.
   at BPServer.clsBPServer.Start(ServerConfig cfg)
   at BPServer.ServerService.b(String[] c)
   at BPServer.ServerService.OnStart(String[] args)

This will occur when the user that is starting the service does not have permissions on the SQL Server database (if using Windows authentication).

How to resolve this issue

Select the "Log On" tab of the service properties and ensure the correct user account is set, and that this user has sufficient permissions against SQL Server.

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW