cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating MapiEx object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Below error is received while executing Send Mail action using MAPI extension in BP MAPI Object. Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to initialise MAPIEx (A MAPI Error occurred : 0x80004005 : MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED) Am I missing anything here? Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6

jgreaves2
Level 4
Hi Sudarshant, With that error code, it might be worth checking the anti virus software being used on the server/machine. Un-enabling Script Blocking with Norton Antivirus can some times resolve those issues. If not it may be worth checking that there is a connection to the desired server and permissions to access which ever email/folder are in place. Thanks, James

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi James, I have disabled McAfee anti virus but showing same error. Have also checked permissions to access the mailbox, it works fine when used with outlook. Regards.

DarshanShah
Level 2
I am facing the same issues. My Anti-virus is disabled and mailbox provides necessary access. Can someone please help with the error code: 0x80004005

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Have you searched for Mapiex in the Knowledgebase? There seems to be a few articles specifically about it - including some problem solving around 32bit/64bit issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have the same problem. I've got the following error: Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to log onto profile ... : 0x80040111 : MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED. I can't find the reason. I adjusted the settings according the installation guide. Many thanks in advance. P.K.

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Hi, The 0x80004005 could also occur if the DLLs required are missing. The MAPIEx files must reside in the same directory as the Blue Prism program files (typically C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate). If they are installed to different directories, the MAPIEx functionality will not work when attempting to access an Exchange server from within a business process. As such, the DLL files in the MAPIEx installation directory should be copied to the Blue Prism installation directory before use on a particular resource. The Visual Business Object expects that the Blue Prism installation directory, where the DLLs it uses are found, to be C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate. If the installation directory is slightly different, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate, the reference to the MAPIEx DLL in the VBO must be altered to use the different path. After importing the Blue Prism MAPIEx object, open it for editing in Object Studio, and within the Initialize tab, double-click the business object properties stage. Navigate to the Code Options tab, and alter the path to BluePrismMAPIExAutomation.dll in the External References list. Hope this should work for all of you.