cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while launching a Windows.exe (WinSCP)

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
I am working on automating WinSCP operations that a support team generally does while doing the environment installations. As part of automating I have created an action that will launch WinSCP.exe executable. But what is happening is when I run the launch action from the process, it is throwing an exception as below Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch Winscp' on page 'Launch WINSCP Exe' - Application already launched But it is launching the WinSCP application. It seems like action Launch WINSCP Exe is taking longer than time it takes for WinSCP.exe. Though we have wait and sleep methods I don't think that can control the launch time of WinSCP.    Any Suggestions?  
3 REPLIES 3

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
WinSCP also supports .net and COM binding. so I recommend you to utilize this feature and write your own code stage & all your worries will be gone ?. https://winscp.net/eng/docs/library

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Thanks Bastiaan.. Also please can you let me know steps that I should be following to implement this, Is it just I should add that dll in the object studio and then write a code stage?  

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
Is it just I should add that dll in the object studio and then write a code stage? Follow the instructions on the website. You will download a ZIP file from the website, which contains besides the DLL also a few other files, such as an WinSCP executable. You all extract them in the same folder And indeed, then you refer to the DLL and write your code stages. In the very rare cases that there is a weird error, it might help to move the extracted files all to your BP folder, but usually this is not needed & not recommended. Good luck!