cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while spying via AA mode

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I get €œThere was an error during the spying operation€ error while spying any element be it windows application or web application. I have attached the screenshot of the error. I would be appreciated if you could help me in resolving this error. Thanks VJ
4 REPLIES 4

Ravindersaini
Level 7
Hi, The error ""There was an error during the spying operation"" usually occurs when application modeler is not attached to the application you are trying to spy. Kindly try attaching to the application by passing windows title/Child index/Process name etc parameters and then try to spy it. Regards, Ravinder Singh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ravinder, I get the error even when the application is attached. Could you please help me?

aditee_malviya
Level 2
Trying to create a new object for notepad application; While Spying via AA mode, I received an error i.e.""System.ApplicationException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Accessibility.IAccessible'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{618736E0-3C3D-11CF-810C-00AA00389B71}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)). at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)"". Does anyone has solution for this?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
A library not registered error suggests to me an issue with your environment or your Blue Prism installation. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Blue Prism. Also make sure you have the correct bit version (32/64) installed in your environment.