cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Open Workbook VBO is not able to open file when run from Scheduler

sonuiiml
Level 5
Hi Team, 

Off lately I am dealing with a process were a file needs to be uploaded into sharepoint after initiating a macro. When I use open  Excel workbook business object, it works perfectly fine when run from control room or scheduler however it is  not able to find the file when run from scheduler. 
Any pointers anyone

------------------------------
Susamay Halder Consultant
Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086
4 REPLIES 4

ShashiK_R
Level 4
Hi Susamy,

Just to rule out the multiple user sessions causing this issue, please logout the same user from all other machine (if any) or sometime there are chances that you will have same user sessions twice on the same machine.

Open the task manager, go to users tab and check the users who has recently used the machine. If you find the intended user has 2 sessions, logout one and run the bot. Also, force restarting the machine also would help!

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Shashi K R

Shashi Kumar
Senior Consultant
Asia/Dili

Thanks Sashi.

I tried doing that but didnt worked. it says only one user logged in which is the expected user 

12968.pngAnd the error is still there. Any thoughts ?

Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086

Hi Susamy,

It seems like speed issue.
If the file is getting created during run time, then i would
suggest that you add some static delay and add additional file existence check for like 2 - 3 min.

Thanks,
Akash

Akash Kumar
Team Lead
Accenture
Asia/Kolkata

Thanks  Akash. I did experiment and   encapsulated the file path in Open workbook VBO as an environment variable and it worked. Kinda weird but got the job done. Thanks for the help Cheers 🙂

Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086