cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to Return Completed/Exception Items in Work Queue

JustinPiche
Level 2
I have a simple process that works out of a single work queue. The queue is working as expected and processing records then flagging each record as either completed or failed with an exception. The problem I'm having is when I call "Get Completed Items" or "Get Exception Items" in the Work Queues Object for the purpose of aggregating records in a Completed/Exception processing report. I'm passing all of the necessary values and can confirm the inputs are correct according to the logs but it returns 0 rows regardless of which method I call, although I'd expect some values according to the status of records in the queue post processing. Is there a step I'm missing when calling these methods? I was under the impression you point it at the queue and it will count the records and add them to the collection of your choosing. If someone can refer me to the appropriate documentation, please recommend. Thanks J
1 REPLY 1

david.l.morris
Level 14
Hi J, You are correct that you just point the Get Completed Items action (same for the exceptions one) at a Work Queue with a number of other optional inputs, such as Start Date and End Date. What are the other inputs you're using? In case I don't notice your reply on the forum here, I'll give a few suggestions that you could try. Not sure how to get notifications of replies on the forum so I may never see your reply. =) First, I'd test it with only a single input: the queue name in the input ""Queue Name"". For this test, don't put anything in any of the other input fields. If this doesn't return anything even though you have completed items, there is a bigger problem. More than likely, this should work for you. If the first test is successful, then try putting inputs to Start Date and End Date. Notice that these inputs require the UTC time zone. So, if you're on the East Coast of the U.S. (where I am), it is currently a 4 hour difference. You can use the Date and Time Manipulation VBO to convert your local DateTime to the UTC DateTime. The Key Filter narrows to items with a specific Key, which actually seems pretty pointless to me. I'm not sure when you'd ever want to do that. Instead, the Tag Filter (such as ""+Internal Customer;-Out of Scope"") could be causing the problem if the filter isn't set up correctly. The Work Queues guide can help with that. And last, it's probably obvious, but if for some reason you have a number in Maximum Rows, as long as it says at least 1 or has no input, then it should bring back something. Good luck! I'll try to come back and see your response. Respectfully, Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA