cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching table format data from chrome

CharishmaAgaram
Level 5
Hi All, I want to fetch table format data from web using chrome. Table has 9 rows and 3 columns. I used Active Acessibilty for spying and using getTable, I am getting 9 rows but only one column. three columns data is getting merged to single column. Please help me out.
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I presume there is a valid reason why you are unable to use Internet Explorer for your application? The IE interface is far richer. For Accessibility Mode, if Get Table is not returning the table structure as expected that will be because the underlying structure of the table is broken in some way as far as the Microsoft accessibilty interface is concerned. Your options are to do some kind of text parsing to split the columns, to play about with your interface and how it reads data - maybe get individual cells or rows instead? Also check to see if the application has any kind of 'Save as' or 'Export' option to allow you to get at that data from a different source.

CharishmaAgaram
Level 5
My usecase is to get table format data from web page using chrome, save it in excel and mail that excel. I am getting table in correct format(9 rows and 3 columns) using IE. Not getting in correct format using chrome.

MatthiasZbinden
Level 3
Hi all, I have the same issue to read a table in google chrome. Are there now some solution for that kind of problem ?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
1. Why use Chrome when our Browser interface is currently just for IE?  Try IE - does the app work fine, if so use that.  2. If you are forced to use Chrome because the app does not work in IE for some reason (which could probably actually be fixed with a bit of effort in security settings) - look in the app for other methods of extracting the data.  Is there an export option or a copy all option for that table?  3. Version 6.2 of Blue Prism is currently going through Beta testing, it contains a new MS UIA interface that is an advance on Accessibility mode - should be available within the next month, might be worth waiting for to try.  

Neel1
MVP
Hi- i am having the same problem. My table of 10 row and 2 columns is coming in 10 Row And 1 column whn i am using Get Table after spying in AA mode .. Columns are getting merged to form one column and unfortunately i can not use IE. Have to use Chrome only.