cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Management - 10.3.5 - Delete files action not working for more than 1 extension

Neel1
MVP

Hello - i am using BP version 7.0.0 and trying to use delete files action from latest File management VBO 10.3.5
tried with below pattern to delete only .xlsx and .csv file. getting true in Success but files not getting deleted.

"*.xlsx,*.csv"

".xlsx,.csv"

Neel1_0-1728560960148.png

4 REPLIES 4

JD_CPU
Level 4

I'd triple check the file path and use powershell to try something like

Get-Acl *.csv | Format-Table -wrap

to verify that the BP user has Allow FullControl to the csv file you are trying delete.

HI @Neel1  - Probably you might already verified,  regardless try to verify the account has access to delet to the specific folder, because recently I had similar experience due to the account I logged in doesnt have access to delete the file in the specific file in the fodler.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

JD_CPU
Level 4

@Neel1   actually the File management VBO action's parameter must be a single file pattern. 

JD_CPU_0-1728907250604.png

Not a comma delimited list as shown above. The above code is literally looking for any files that match the unlikely pattern of "*.csv,*xlsx"

If you use file explorer to rename an existing file to something like "thiswill.csv,neverhappen.xlxs" the Blue Prism File management VBO will dutifully delete it using the "*csv,*xlxs" pattern. But you would not expect that file pattern to ever actually occur in the wild. 

In reality you simply need to use the action twice in a row.

Use "*.xlsx" as the Pattern parameter the first time.

Then use "*.csv" as the Pattern parameter the second time to achieve your desired result.

Neel1
MVP

@JD_CPU - thank for your reply. One by one deletion is working and *. * is also working.

My post is about[ which seems to be fixed in this version as per release notes ] deleting multiple file pattern in one action and i am receiving True in Success but files not getting deleted.