cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts

remko.bouwens
Level 5
I'm trying to read/recognize text from e-mails within a client application (Java), which doesn't use Outlook, Lotus Notes etc. With the application modeler I can only work with the region mode (all the others can't recognize elements, JAB is installed and enabled). I created regions on every part it has to read and used to Font identifier to get the right font (it finds 2: Times New Roman 12 and Iskoola Pota 12). The e-mail is structured so the regions will stay in place (during the tests they haven't shifted). I use a navigate stage to read the regions and store them in a collection. For the most part this works. If I take a look at the current value (after running the process), I see some data has been added to the field. The problem is that it only recognizes parts of the text. Some parts it doesn't. For instance: Zeevonk turns into Zeevon.:. 2673BT turns into 2:73BT To read/recognize the text I first used Times New Roman and second I tried Iskoola Pota. With the same result, parts are left out. After this I also tried to find a font manually, but didn't find one. I changed back to Times New Roman and pressed 'Show characters'. There I noticed (for the region of Zeevonk) it didn't recognize all the characters (it missed the 'k' and some other parts combining characters like 'nk'). On this forum I read that you can add characters to the fonts, or can create an own font for this. I tested it for this example and it worked, all the added characters are recognized now. However, I'm wondering how I will be sure that I get all characters or how I'm sure I can add all characters to an existing font? I don't know which ones are missing (might be a few, might be a lot). At the moment I only know the missing for this example (and a few others), but not for all the possible issues/examples. I also saw lots of combined letters as missing font characters, how can I split these to get those characters? Some of the characters are only shown in a combined setting. If someone knows a better/other way to read text from regions, you can also let me know.
1 REPLY 1

remko.bouwens
Level 5
I was able to solve this by unchecking the ClearType setting. Normally when unchecking tot Font Smoothing, it automatically unchecks the ClearType setting as well. For my system it didn't. I had to manually do this. After unchecking this the fonts are being recognized and also image recognition is working! So it might come in handy to check this setting when running into problems when reading fonts or working with image recognition.