cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Retry Process

MateuszWojcik
Level 5
Hi,

Is there a way to force retry specific items in Blue Prism Process?

I do not see such action.

Do you know a way?

Kind regards

------------------------------
Mateusz Wojcik
RPA Programist
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Mateusz,

Are there different scenario's where the cases later should be picked up or is this always the same?

L D

There are 2 scenarios
1. Application was not working - BOT takes item once application problem is fixed
2. There was error in the code - BOT takes item once developer fixed the code.

Mateusz Wojcik
RPA Programist
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

For scenario #1, that seems easy enough where the automation can just periodically try again and if it's an application error, then it shouldn't mark the item as an exception at all but instead unlock the item and maybe defer.

For scenario #2, I cannot imagine how it's possible to predict when the bot should try again once a developer fixes the code. There's no way to avoid some kind of manual intervention there unless you do the same thing as scenario #1 where it retries the item now and then. And in my experience, if it's going to take a developer fixing code and redeploying to production, then the business users will want to manually process those exception items. I don't usually see business processes that can handle waiting more than a day to have items processed.​​​

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

UsrAJ
Level 3

Hi Mateusz Wojcik,

I'm looking exactly for a solution for exactly same issue described by you:

If we add new items to queue we're checking if already present (e.g. already terminated). If terminated, then the item should be "forced to retry". But this action is not included in BP Studio 😞

Copy item is not what is needed, as i guess then there would be a new item with different ID starting with attempts = 0, or?

where can i use action force retry as a stage in BP?

A J
DigiExp
DTAG
Europe/Berlin