cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting while sending emails

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
I am using MAPIEx for sending the emails however the mail body is sent as plain text. Is there a way the text can be sent as html enabled and also are there any templates available in blueprism portal? I was able to see the process templates for POP3/EMAIL but not for MAPIEx. Any guidance please?
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The latest version of MAPIEx available in the Product VBOs area of the portal can send HTML emails.

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Hi Denis- thanks for that. I am actually using the same MAPIEx but the problem I have is when I am updating the message field with html blocks , it is saying that expression should be inside the quotes which is obvious as the message field is defined as text. Any idea how to put the html blocks in the text field? I have gone through the MAPIEx user Guide but that is not something clearly called out in that guide. Any help? 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If the input data type is Text, then the expression you supply should also be Text. Check your HTML is a valid expression - you may need to escape quotes within your HTML, ""something """"like this

IanClowery
Level 4
As John mentioned, you would have to place the whole HTML block within a text data item, or escape it with "" "". For example your email body data item could just be - ""Google

IanClowery
Level 4
The forum messed up the formatting a bit there, but I hope you get the general idea! I've attached a snippet of a calculation to show you how we would build up and email body, with a bit of html thrown in. Cheers

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Hi Ian-   Thanks for your wonderful help. Yeah I have tried and it worked fine...