cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Received Email Issue

Sheng_QuanHo
Level 3
Hi,

Am using MS Outlook VBO to Get Received Email.  Generally, I provide earliest time received and subject value.  For most part, it works, but not all the time, particularly if time between when received and when process is run is short.  Has anyone experienced same?  If so, please advise on resolution.

Thank you

------------------------------
Sheng Quan Ho
Vice President
Jennison
America/New_York
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, Shenq,

unfortunately, you did not describe why it is a problem. When you run your business object again you will get your received email. So is it important that you get it sorted right? If yes, why you need it? If you share more information we may propose some workaround if we can't find the reason why it behaves the way you described.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek,

I am trying to Get Received email so I can then save a file attachment from the email.  In some instance, I only have process run once so if I dont get the email and save attachment, it will not try again.  When I Get Received email, I am supploying Earliest date received as today and Subject as a data item (with the subject value in data item) and setting Include Read and Unread to True.  I've attached screenshot

Thanks

Sheng Quan Ho
Vice President
Jennison
America/New_York

Hi, Sheng,

I would try to put in the Received Latest parameter Now() to be sure that it takes the latest emails too. If it does not help then why you don't run it several times a day? Is there any SLA related to your process?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Yes, for certain processes, we have specific SLA.  I will try to include Latest parameter.  Is there a difference if I left Latest blank?

Thank you​

Sheng Quan Ho
Vice President
Jennison
America/New_York

Hi, Sheng,

I don't know if there would be a difference including Latest or leaving it blank. I suggest to test it. Is there any reason why you could not run the process (checking for Received emails) more times in a day/hour? That should resolve your issue anyway, right?

I know that none of suggestions is answering your question but I haven't seen this behavior.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Might be an issue with Outlook sync? You can write code to sync the folder but then you'll have to add static wait for it's completion.
Another approach based on my understanding of your issue, I would suggest you take earliest time from last item processed so that you don't miss on anything even if the email is not processed in current run it will get processed in next.

@Zdeněk Kabátek I think giving now() as latest wont work because it's just earliest=<recievedtime

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture