cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Send Keys - Page Down not working

RoshiniSyed
Level 4
Hello,

I am working in an application, where there is a scroll down present in the page. I need to send pagedown Keystrokes to navigate the page down to capture the rest of the elements,

Tried by sending both  "{DOWN}" and "{PGDN}" - GSK ,but doesn't worked as expected.

Any Suggestions on this?

------------------------------
Roshini Syed
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Roshini,

I think you are referring to wrong key name for Page Down, it should be {PageDown} instead of {PGDN}. Can you check with this once?

Also, I would like to suggest you check the following steps to execute global send keys:

1) Always first activate the application window using a '
Win32' element as the first action by using 'Activate' function.

2) Then use '
Global Click On Center' function on the 'UIA', 'AA' or 'Browser' element that you want to click on before providing page down button.

3) Then use '
Global Send Key Events' function on the 'Application Root' node where you need to use the {PageDown} command.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Roshini,

I think you are referring to wrong key name for Page Down, it should be {PageDown} instead of {PGDN}. Can you check with this once?

Also, I would like to suggest you check the following steps to execute global send keys:

1) Always first activate the application window using a '
Win32' element as the first action by using 'Activate' function.

2) Then use '
Global Click On Center' function on the 'UIA', 'AA' or 'Browser' element that you want to click on before providing page down button.

3) Then use '
Global Send Key Events' function on the 'Application Root' node where you need to use the {PageDown} command.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Hi @Roshini Syed

According to this official guide -> Send Keys and Send Key Events

The correct syntax for this key is {PGDN} 

This document recomends you to activate the application, and send a global click before perfome any key stroke. 

4804.png(Figure from the document)

Hope this helps you!

See you in the Community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

sahana.mohan
Staff
Staff
Hi Roshini,

Could you be more specific on which application you are facing the issue? 

I have faced similar problem with KOFAX where no luck with keystrokes and found way to achieve scroll down  by spying the scroll down icon in application modeller. It might not be the best solution but it served the purpose. 

Regards
Sahana

Sahana Mohan
Solution Designer
Blueprism
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the Suggestion.

In step 2 (Global click on Center) - I don't have any clickable elements in the window. what need to be done in this case?
4810.png 
Thanks in advance

Roshini Syed

Hi Sahana,

Its Brower based Application and we are using chrome. Can you please throw some light on how to spy on scroll down icon, because none of the spying modes are capturing the scroll element?

Roshini Syed

Hi Devneet,

Followed the steps suggested by you, and in Step 2 ,I don't have any clickable elements in the window. what need to be done in this case?

4817.png
Thanks in advance

Roshini Syed

Hi Roshini,

You can try to induce a click on that inner container window:

4823.png

If you do not find it, I would suggest click on any element which would act as a label or something that wont trigger any event basically and then try this option out.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Hello,

Region mode is the only way to do that but it will not be consistent if the page is zoomed. 
If you want to scroll down to read the contents, have you tried reading it as table? 
or 
Do you have any buttons at the end of the page that you can spy and focus to bring the page down?

Sahana Mohan
Solution Designer
Blueprism
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Devneet,

I captured the inner td element and induced click on it and then send keystrokes "{DOWN}" to scroll down, but sending Keystrokes doesn't worked as expected.

Any Suggestions on this.

4836.png

Roshini Syed