cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML mode or Active accessibility mode? to spy a webpage

AksharaKathriba
Level 2
1.Which mode is better and reliable to spy a website? 2. Is it reliable to keep Path attribute while spying in HTML mode?   Thanks!  
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Path is both good and bad, depending on your web app. It's good in that is provides an exact method of finding the element, but it's also bad because a path can change, meaning your model will not be flexible enough to find the element every time. Generally HTML mode is better, but you can mix in some AA too if necessary. BP 6.2 introduced UIA mode, which is similar to AA and works well on web apps.

Ya_CinLiou
Level 2
You can try identify > Open Application Navigator in Application modeller. And you need to find the element corresponding to your table element. Then you can use ""read"" function in business object with ""Get table""  in Action data list.  If you use this solution, you still need to click next page to get page 2 table data and merge the result for all pages data.   Charlotte

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hello,   I can transmit you our experience in our company,   We have around 100 processes working and we are using both, obviously both work. My experience is better with AA when knowing which attributes you have to ignore and which attributes you must use.   The problem we are having with HTML mode is that when we are identifying in local we have visual issues on VM's when Highlighting or vice versa. Usually this is not affecting to process, it still works, but sometimes depending on object logics it can derive in errors.   Hope it can help you!   Best Regards,   Daniel.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
If Path is static - you can keep it, otherwise it just wont work. I prefer not to use path at all, unless I have to. Wildcards/Regex path will only make slower. HTML mode is preferable, until you can't use it for some reason (like dynamic path/attributes, but even then you could possibly work around it - too bad we have no proper xpath in IE). I'd consider other modes If HTML mode is really slow for whatever reason too.