cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had this issue and successfully resolved it?

TracySchultz
Level 6

When I manually run a process on a resource pc logged in as the account that it will run as there is no issue. However when I run the process via the Controller I'm getting this error when it tries to open Excel files.

ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Things I've tried:

At this point I'm very frustrated as I would expect the same issue to happen when it's ran while RDP'd in manually as well as when it's being run by the controller assigning it to the resource queue. The file can be opened without issue on multiple different pcs and is a tiny file.

I have even gone the extra mile to get the latest copy of the Excel VBO from the exchange and install it just in case there is an issue. I am currently running version 6.10.2 of BP.
#Excel
#error
#resourcepc
​​​​​

------------------------------
Tracy Schultz
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

TracySchultz
Level 6

I wanted to post this here in case anyone else runs into this issue. So I have found that the issue was that my ResourcePCs caused the issue.

To clarify my ResourcePCs weren't actually logged in as I was doing a scrip that ran at system start. My system wasn't actually logged in as the Windows user and my system appeared to be online and functional but wasn't.

Once I logged in as the user, ran the ResourcePC script, and disconnected my connection this worked flawlessly.

So in short user error caused by a flawed understanding.

Tracy Schultz

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TracySchultz
Level 6

I wanted to post this here in case anyone else runs into this issue. So I have found that the issue was that my ResourcePCs caused the issue.

To clarify my ResourcePCs weren't actually logged in as I was doing a scrip that ran at system start. My system wasn't actually logged in as the Windows user and my system appeared to be online and functional but wasn't.

Once I logged in as the user, ran the ResourcePC script, and disconnected my connection this worked flawlessly.

So in short user error caused by a flawed understanding.

Tracy Schultz

Hello Tracy,
Just wanted to understand one thing.
When running from controller before triggering the process on RR did you use login via login agent?
Or since it was available you simply triggered the process?

Reason for asking is if you use login agent the batch file to make RR alive is executed and network is established to be available in control room.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

It's looking like our whole setup was not setup correctly and I'm working to fix it. In this case we had the command to kick off the resource pc running on machine start rather then when the user logged in so there was a false impression that the resource login was logged in correctly.

Tracy Schultz
Weaver LLC
TX