cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble spying elements on a linkedin page feed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Team Has anyone been able to spy elements on a LinkedIn page? It doesn't seem to want to play nice with the application modeller at all. HTML spying doesn't work at all, accessibility almost works but when I try and highlight it takes about 5 minutes to finish it's query and comes back with multiple results, removing attribute fields can make the query take 20+ minutes which isn't feasible to work with I tried using the javascript insertion to press buttons but I can't get it to work, is this a lost cause?
3 REPLIES 3

Nikolaos_Massio
Level 2
Linkedin offers an API that can be used to integrate with them. Perhaps this can be an alternative option. We have tried to integrate in the past we were under the impression that they have a way to detect that it is a robot and they trough an error

Nikolaos_Massio
Level 2
Linkedin offers an API that can be used to integrate with them. Perhaps this can be an alternative option. We have tried to integrate in the past we were under the impression that they have a way to detect that it is a robot and they throw an error

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I have just attached to Linkedin and I was able to spy and identify elements using HTML mode (IE11, latest version of BP). It may be that you are not attached to the correct IE process thread. Have you played around with the TabProcGrowth registry setting and Child Index attach setting? The Browser Automation Guide may be of help. Accessibility mode can be very slow for large applicatdion models (which a large scrolling web page is likely to be). There are tips in the Accessibility Mode guide on the portal to help you with speed issues (the most important of which is to experiment with the Match Index/Match Reverse settings).