cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. 2nd Test Environment with cloned database showing Resources from Live Environment?

kevintitchard
Level 2
Hi all I have been asked to run a test upgrade from version 5 to version 6 using our UAT enviornment but hosting the database on the same SQL Server as the live UAT Environment. I have asked our DBA to clone our UAT Database which has been done. For example version 5 is called UK_BP_UAT and our cloned database is called UK_BP_UAT_V6. I have setup 4 new Runtine and Interactive Clients and Application server and connects to the database fine. However I have noticed when I login into Blue Prism (UK_BP_UAT_V6) I can see resources from the live UAT Enviornment which I dont want. Im guessing somewhere is an app that is listening on a specific port? If so where can I make the changes?.  Once this is done I will perform the version 6 upgrade. This should only affect UK_BP_UAT_V6 database right?   Thanks   Kevin
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
In the DB there is a table containing the list of known resources, and the clone DB will, obviously, have the same list. V6 will 'think' these resources are part of it's environment and will try to communicate with them. The trick is to 'retire' these resources in v6 via System>Resources>Management. This tells the v6 environment to forget about these machines.