cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I associate files with my Blue Prism Process?

LukasKoczorowsk
Level 2
I'd like to attach sample data and other assets to a Process to give my developers more context into what they're building. How would I go about doing that? The only options I see available are 

1) Using Notes
2) Import binary data into a Data Item
3) ????

------------------------------
Luka
3 REPLIES 3

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Luka.

You want to include data files within your .bprelease file?  If that is the case, I'm not aware of any way to do that.  However, if the input files are defined within the process, just include the input files within a zip file containing the .bprelease file along with a readme explaining what is going on.

If I am not understanding you, please provide further explanation.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Jack, thanks for the reply. 

Here's the scenario:
A Business Unit has identified a process that can be automated; this process includes some Excel files. What I would like to do is include these Excel files as sample data (and as test data) to the Developer(s) within Blue Prism. The way we are organized is that the BU draws the high-level process within Blue Prism and then the dev team takes over and does the technical work. Right now the files are handled separately and it creates a lot of unnecessary back/forth between the BU/dev.

Lukas Koczorowski

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the additional information.  

You say the BU builds out the hi-level process with BP and then the dev team takes over.  Does the BU send a .bprelease file to dev?  Are they on sharing a database connection?  How is the process being handed over?

The data files are defined within the process by the BU?  Could the files be placed on a shared drive so that the process can grab its data regardless of whether the BU or dev is working on it?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism