cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we work with Word Files with Macros?

OslienMesa
Level 4

I explain myself, using the MS Word VBO, our team manages to open and read the Word Document; but when we need close it, Blue Prism freezes and when it reacts shows an error of Memory Overload. Please help us, how can we work correctly with Word Files with Macros without stopping the process?

------------------------------
Oslien Mesa
Developer
Elumini
America/Rio de Janeiro
5 REPLIES 5

SutirthaGupta
Level 4
Hi Oslien,

Please check memory usage at that time. If you are running on 32 bit (BP .exe) then max memory one application can consume is 1GB. 
Please try to release memory and try.

Regards
Sutirtha Gupta
TCS

------Original Message------

I explain myself, using the MS Word VBO, our team manages to open and read the Word Document; but when we need close it, Blue Prism freezes and when it reacts shows an error of Memory Overload. Please help us, how can we work correctly with Word Files with Macros without stopping the process?

Oslien Mesa
Developer
Elumini
America/Rio de Janeiro

Hi Sutirtha

Thanks for your answer. But let's argue a little more. The tests are being carried out on a PC with Windows 10 x64-bit, with Intel Core i7 processor and 20 GB of RAM. Whenever we execute the process with Word Files with Macro, it shows exactly the following message.

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exceção de HRESULT: 0x800A9C64

We believe that the problem is in some improper manipulation of the file, but we cannot find the problem.

Att

Oslien Mesa
Developer
Elumini
America/Sao_Paulo

Are you able to run your macro file without any issues?

Does your word macro file references another dll?

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi Osilen,

If you are getting this error only for macro enabled word documents then I think this is the problem with the object which you are using. I guess you need to write some vbo(s) or register some dlls(as per google) to solve it. 

We faced some issues with excel and we write our own VBOs.

Fyi, machine's config does not matter for the max memory allocation for a process(.exe) as I mentioned earlier.

Regards
Sutirtha Gupta
TCS

------Original Message------

Hi Sutirtha

Thanks for your answer. But let's argue a little more. The tests are being carried out on a PC with Windows 10 x64-bit, with Intel Core i7 processor and 20 GB of RAM. Whenever we execute the process with Word Files with Macro, it shows exactly the following message.

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exceção de HRESULT: 0x800A9C64

We believe that the problem is in some improper manipulation of the file, but we cannot find the problem.

Att

Oslien Mesa
Developer
Elumini
America/Sao_Paulo

Hi Sutirtha

We try your advice, but, wherever we open de File DOC with macro, we receive the next message:

"Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exceção de HRESULT: 0x800A9C64"

We open the file, but with te file open BP show de above message. Any other advice?

Oslien Mesa
Developer
Elumini
America/Sao_Paulo