cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you interact with Java application that launches from Citrix browser?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am trying to interact with a Java application that launces from a citrix browser. Hoping someone can help provide some direction. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Adam If the application is presented via Citrix then Surface Automation is the only integration technique you can use - look on the portal, there are courses specifically for SA. If the application is a Java thick-client then you will need to install Java Access Bridge. This is a Java library similar to Win32 (red spy mode) and AA (blue spy mode), but unfortunately it is not included as part of Windows. If you look in the Releases section of the portal you can find details on JAB. In situations where your app can only be launched from another app, you need 2 objects, one for each app. The object1 starts app1 and presses the button to launch app2. Object2 then attaches to app2 when it appears. Your BP mentor should be able to advise you on exactly how to do this.

MadhusudanAthin
Level 2
Hi Adam, I am having same problem like what you have. Did you solve this problem? I am opening a AS400 application window from citrix browser.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
As John said, if you are interfacing with Citrix Surface Automation is the only way. The Surface Automation training is a pre-requisite. Citirx presents an image of the application rather than the application itself, so you need to interface with a visual representation.