cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading a Java Field Issue

AdamMacgregor-S
Level 3
We have an issue where when we are trying to read a single character field on a Java application, we  get a lot of non screen visible symbols returned after the single character.

We are using Blue Prism version 6.4.3, and the java application is oracle forms 12c with java 8 and the corresponding java access bridge.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

------------------------------
Adam Macgregor-Steel
RPA Developer
Leeds Building Society
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

ShubhamSemwal
Level 3
Actually, I also faced a similar type of issue where while reading the data from the text field in oracle application there was some garbage text coming up. So what I did was I first focused on the field that I want to fetch once I focused then the text got selected and using read stage I just selected "get selected text" through that I was getting only the data that was visible in the text field. This helped me. Let me know if it helped you too.

Shubham Semwal
Software Engineer
Larsen & Toubro Infotech
Asia/Kolkata

henrynli
Staff
Staff
Hi,

If this is regarding reading garbage character issue, I would suggest using surface automation (region mode)

Henry Li

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
This bug existed for ages, but I didnt test it on latest versions of BP. It only happens when you read a field with exactly 1 character in it.
It seems to be working fine if you use "Get Selected Text" instead of "Get Text". If you dont touch the field or select anything in it, result should be whole value.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow